Updated: Dec 22, 2020
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe
Its dark, rich, caramel-y, fat free, delicious and worth the wait.
A great way to use apples that just don't meet your eating out of hand standards.
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Wash, core and cut apples.
2. In a bowl, combine both sugars, spices and salt. Then toss in cut apples and mix until the apples are well coated.
3. Place apples in a slow cooker and cook with lid on for 10 hours.
4. Remove the lid and add the vanilla extract. With an immersion blender, puree the apples until it's smooth and creamy.
5. Once the apple butter is smooth, store in mason jars or an air tight container.
Apple butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month, or frozen for a year.